RE: [IP] insulin pump thief (almost)

--- "Pollard, Marie" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I am so glad you woke up.  I know you have the right
> to carry your pump
> anywhere you choose, but I never wear mine in sight
> because of thefts.
> I will wear a long shirt or jacket to cover it up.
> Some fanny packs will
> conceal it also. I am sure he thought it was a phone
> or MP3 player.

I almost always wear a shirt that's not tucked in, and
I was also wearing a jacket.  But since I was sitting
down I guess they rode up enough and the guy could see
the pump.  I was also listening to my iPod so I'm sure
he probably thought it was an MP3 player.  But as
Roselea said, what did he think would happen once the
music stopped playing?  I guess he was just hoping I'd
be asleep enough that I wouldn't notice.

I stopped taking the subway for so many reasons.  The
few times that I have used it recently, half the
people in each car had an MP3 player/iPod.  I used to
worry about it getting stolen but I never once thought
that someone would try to take my pump.  If I do need
to take the subway I'll make sure the pump is well

Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed 715 5/2005

Do You Yahoo!?