From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Blake
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:18 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] insulin pump thief (almost)

I live in NYC.  The MTA has express buses that travel
between Manhattan and the outer boroughs and I take
one to/from work rather than the subway.  Tonight,
coming home from work, my bus was late and then we got
stuck in traffic for awhile.  Normally the bus I take
isn't too crowded but tonight almost every seat was
filled.  I was sitting next to the window and my pump
was clipped to the pocket of my jeans on the right
side.  I was really tired and since the bus was barely
moving I fell asleep.  I woke up for some reason, and
just knew something was wrong.  I felt something weird
and looked down to my right side and I see the hand of
the guy sitting behind me.  I turned around and he was
leaning forward in his seat with his head resting
against the back of my seat, and his freaking hand
shoved between the seat.  I immediately panicked and
reached for my pump and it wasn't clipped to my jeans.
 It was unclipped and wedged between my seat & the
side of the bus.  I turned back around and said,
loudly, "Do you mind keeping your hands to yourself!!"
and he mumbled, "Oh, sorry" and pulled his hand back.
I clipped the pump to the belt loop on the front of my
jeans.  He *still* had his head resting against my
seat so I pressed the button on the armrest to put the
seat in the upright position and to force him to sit
back.  He had leaned forward so that the person
sitting next to him wouldn't see what he was trying to
do.

I'm sure the piece of sh*t had no idea what he was
trying to steal, probably thought it was a phone or
MP3 player.  I think that if he been successful in
retrieving it from between the seat & wall I would
have felt it because the tubing would have tugged at
my site.

I've never heard of anyone getting robbed on my bus.
I take naps all the time going to & from work. I see
the same groups of people every day.  I'd never seen
this guy before and if I do ever see him again I'll be
sure to warn everyone that he's a thief.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987