[IP] Re: lows at night

> As Artorius pointed out, when he's experiencing a
> severe low, he doesn't have the cognitive ability to hear and/or
> respond to an alarm.  I wish they made an alarm for diabetics that
> detects lows and then shakes the bed, sounds an alarm, and shines a
> light in your face!

How would that help if he doesnt have the cognitive ability to hear and/or
respond to an alarm? When someone is that low with little brain function, it
doesn't seem any of that would really awaken him. Perhaps he needs a higher
than normal target before bed and when he snacks, not bolus as much as he is
now. Wouldn't being 200 over night be much safer than a low where he can't
awaken? YMMV

I want to die like my grandfather who went peacefully in his sleep. Not
screaming like all the passengers in his car. --Author Unknown