[IP] Re: lows at night

>>(Kerri\) posted:
Cindy - how about the type of "alarm" that hearing
impaired people use...they either shake the bed and/or
use a light. Worth a thought. Maybe that, coupled with
an annoying alarm, would make him get up. :)

I'll look into that.  And thanks for the info on the Glucowatch.  It
sounds like a good tool to have for basal testing at night, among
other things.

Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me privately and through the list
with suggestions on helping fix Noah's sleeping through alarms'

Getting him to wake in the morning on his own will be a huge hurdle
cleared, although it won't fix my biggest concern of him sleeping
through lows.  As Artorius pointed out, when he's experiencing a
severe low, he doesn't have the cognitive ability to hear and/or
respond to an alarm.  I wish they made an alarm for diabetics that
detects lows and then shakes the bed, sounds an alarm, and shines a
light in your face!

Cindy, mom to 17 y/o Noah