[IP] Re: lows at night

>>"Elizabeth Ramsey" posted:
  And then again, not waking up to an alarm clock can be just a bad case of
*teenitis*.  snip  It's called *life skills*. She
can now get up to an alarm clock. She doesn't like to but she can. I made sure
she realized that she had learn to depend on herself.<<

Noah's sleeping problem isn't related to his diabetes, he was that
way before his diagnosis.  Fortunately he will be attending Penn
State University which is only a 30 minute drive from our house.  The
deal is he has to wake up on his own consistently the last three
months of school in order to stay on campus.  He can't wait to be off
on his own so that is huge incentive.

That isn't our problem.  The problem is that he sleeps through lows.
I think a huge factor in nocturnal lows is late night eating.  He
doesn't go to bed until 11:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. and usually eats
around that time.  I don't trust that the bolus will be accurate
every time since he varies what he eats and his activity level is
different each day.  More than worrying about him waking during the
night to test, we probably need to do away with late night eating.

Cindy, mom to 17 y/o Noah