Re: [IP] Pump Clicking

On 31 Oct 2003 at 13:13, Juan Antonio Dominion <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I used to like the clicking on the 508 but the Paradigm doesn't click
> and I don't miss it (well maybe still a little).

 Actually it does still click, but that has been baffled so much that it is
hardly noticeable. If
it didn't click at all that would mean it wasn't delivering insulin.

 But I do have a question for the MM experts here. Does each click mean the
delivery of
 0.05 units of insulin? Seeing as MM says it now is programmable to a 0.05 rate,
 wondered if this was a "play" with time? Can you receive 0.45 units from 8 to 9
AM, and
 then 0.55 units per hour from 9 to 10, then 0.65 from 10 to Noon? I know this
is possible
 with other pumps using a DC motor delivering their 0.0025 units minimums, but
know if the MM ACTUALLY delivered a pulse of 0.05 units.    Can you hear me
now?(clicking)   Good!!!    ;>)