[IP] Re: lows at night

>>Denise Owens posted:
Cindy, What do you mean that the safe guard wears out? I've not heard
of this. Please explain.<<

We probably all know about the body's natural ability to dump stress
hormones during a severe nighttime low to protect diabetics from
going into a coma or, worse yet, death.  I've read that mechanism
can't be relied on to continue doing the job; that some long-term
diabetics lose that safeguard over time.  I can't remember the
scientific reason behind it, though.  Maybe neurological in nature
similar to how hypoglycemia unawareness can be developed by having
too many lows??  I'm guessing here.  Any others have additional info
on this?

Cindy, mom to 17 y/o Noah