[IP] Re: lows at night

>>Tom Beatson posted:
Get him an alarm clock that is loud enough to wake him, and then he
should learn what times to set it for so he will get up during the
night and test his BG before it drops too low. Sure, it interrupts his
sleep, but that's better than the other alternative.<<

Hi Tom,

I wouldn't have any problem with him losing sleep but we haven't been
able to find an alarm clock that is loud enough to wake him.  If it
sits beside his bed, he reaches over and turns it off without waking
up.  If it sits where he has to get out of bed, he just sleeps right
through it.  We've let it ring for 15 minutes at a time before one of
us...my husband, my other son, or I...finally turns it off.  If he
didn't have mom and dad as a back-up to his alarm clock, he'd
probably adjust to hearing and waking to its alarm.  At least that's
what we're hoping for since he starts college next fall!

Cindy, mom to 17 y/o Noah