[IP] Carpal Symptoms?

I know diabetics are supposed to be more prone to carpal, and obviously I
spend lots of time on the computer, which doesn't help.
Been having that "hand is asleep" feeling every night, nerve pain in my arm
right above my wrist, numb fingers.  However, last night I jumped to a new
level of that nerve pain (like a really bad toothache in my lower arm and one
finger).  Had to take two Advil and then it went away, but today it is numb.
I do have a wrist brace to wear and I do have one of those Microsoft Natural
keyboards (Windows 98, but hope it runs on XP>)
So my question is, should I see a doctor for this, or deal with it? Is there
anything they can do, or anything else I can do for it? Only my right hand is