[IP] readability of meters

I recently got an UltraSmart meter (a freebie from Animas,
incidentally), and thought it would be easier to see than the Ultra
because it had a backlight.  Except in pitch dark, not so, at least for
me -- not even in low light conditions (with nearsighted eyes damaged
by retinopathy and cataract).  I find it almost impossible to read
indoors without the backlight, and, even with the backlight, I find the
time on the current test and any test results in the history to be very
difficult to read.  My old Ultra, having bigger numbers and a lighter
background to the screen, is much easier to read.  I did not perceive
this difference when I looked at the UltraSmart under the fluorescent
lights of the product fair I attended.

Anyone have any comments about readability of the new Freestyle Flash?

Linda Z