[IP] Static Electricity

a new pump, but I haven't decided which version. MiniMed's 508 (and from
what I've heard, Paradigm) has "minor" issues with electrostatic
discharge. Since I collect static electricity it's become a big issue
for me....

For those of your with Animas, Deltec, Nipro and MiniMed Paradigm can
you help me? What do you like best and least about the pump and
manufacturer? Have you had any consistent issues which have required
replacing the pump (multiple times)? How is the technical support?

My doctors' only know MiniMed and one of the CDEs in their office is
MiniMed trained. I cannot get much information from competitors from

Thank you!

Margaret, I have an Animas and there are no problems with static
electricity. This subject was brought up when I first went looking at the
various pumps. That I know of, MM products are the only ones with this
problem. As I understand, on a simplistic level, all other pumps have
built-in protection to deal with the problem.