[IP] lows at night

I share your fears! I'm hoping some new device will come along before then!
Not sure where endo got his info...

Scary isn't it?

Robin Ramm
Mom to Kevin

Noah is 17 and still doesn't wake up with lows.  Did your
endo say how he came to that conclusion?  I'd love to know
that there has been research on this and that has been the
findings, although it isn't true for Noah yet.  Most of
his lows I've caught through testing once or twice during
the night.  When missed, his liver has dumped the hormone
to protect him from passing out or worse!  I've read that
that safe-guard mechanism wears out after several years.
 Noah goes off to college next year and it scares me to
think about it!  What do you do with a diabetic whose lows
don't wake him/her during the night?  Brings to mind the
book "I'll Love You Forever."   Each night the mother
rocks and signs to her son right through adulthood.
 There's a pic of her climbing in his bedroom window
during the night to pick him up, rock and sing to him.
 That'll be me, only I'll be testing his blood sugars

Cindy, mom to 17 y/o Noah