Re: [IP] Other pump experiences?

 Margaret, I do not have one of the pumps you mentioned. I have the Disetronics
H-tron, have been using that since 1999 and I just love it. It's very reliable,
had one problem, my original pump cracked near one of the battery ports and the
company promptly replaced the pump. It's the only company I know of that gives
you a backup pump. Their customer service personnel, their tech dept, and their
training staff have all been just wonderful. Also they have done major research
in Europe on a "closed" system, a pump and glucose monitor working together.
They have a newer model, the D-tron which uses prefilled cartriges.

 Only problem with Disetronics is that the FDA has stopped the import of any
more pumps from them because of what the FDA considers certain deficiencies in
their manufacturing process. The company has now been taken over by Roche, who
is working with the FDA to alleviate their concerns. Roche has announced that
they are coming out with a "next generation pump" next year. I would like to
upgrade and was looking around at other manufacturers, but now I am waiting to
see what Roche's new pump is like.

 They do still at present offer their current customers support services and of
course supplies. I would highly recommend them to anyone.