[IP] How to deal with Minimed?

I am looking for advice. (Off-list if you could) About how best to deal
with Minimed.

My problem with them is this, I am new to pumping but have been type 1
for 10 years now. I am insulin-resistant using about 80-100 units a
day. I told minimed this when I signed up expecting to get the 508.
We'll they sent me the 511 in July. (OK, I thought I'll just learn to
live with changing the res. every day. Plus I could use it swimming)
Well, a couple of things have changed. First, I find out that the 512
was shipped just a week later than my pump. Second, I find out the pump
is no longer waterproof.

Well, after those two I wrote the company that I was displeased about
having to change reservoirs every day, getting a pump that they were
just trying to reduce inventory but charging full price for, and
finally not being able dunk the meter while out fishing/swimming.

Two WEEKS ago, I talked to a Minimed rep (Alfredo) about my letter. I
*asked* if I could get a pump with a larger res. he said no. I asked
there were plans for a paradigm with a larger res. he said no. All he
could do was offer the 512 upgrade for half price. I declined because
I'd still be stuck with the same problems. And I really don't have the
money to go chasing after every upgrade.

Now this is what makes me MAD. Today, only two weeks later I find out
about the 712, which is what I was after from the beginning. But, they
said Didn't exist. I would have been more than happy to have kept
taking shots until it was released. My question is this, Is it really
worth fighting this? Or, would it be better to keep my mouth shut, live
with what I got, and chalk it up to a learning experience? Like Minimed
seems to be pointing me.

Sorry, I had to vent somewhere. But, some advice would be helpful.