RE: [IP] Daylight Savings

>>> Anyhow, take Indiana...only PART of the state actually participates in
Savings. So, part of the year the whole state has the same time...and then
rest of the year, there is an hour difference.>>>

Uh oh! Not true. Right now I'm in St. Joseph County at the top of the state.
The county immediately to the west and the others over to the Illinois line
are on CST. They stay with Chicago year 'round. We are either with Michigan
(EST) or with Michigan City, Ind., but never both at the same time. We're
4.5 miles from the Michigan state line.

It's a major political argument each time change. Chicago is a major city
and those near it want to remain on their time. Many workers there live in
Indiana. Then Indy would like to stay with New York, so it seems no one is
really happy. I say if you cut the US map in 4 sections Indiana is NOT in
the Eastern section. We should be Central time zone. I like not changing
back and forth, therefore I say we are on eSt (eastern STABLE time). YMMV

NOTE: When entering Indiana and crossing county lines, check with the locals
for the local time, it MAY VARY.

You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason
why we observe daylight savings time.