[IP] good thoughts

This is a little off track, but I would appreciate thoughts and prayers
for those of us in southern california. I'm in Escondido and the fires
are just a little over a mile away. We stood on the hill above our home
last night and watched as the flames slowly came down the hill behind
our kid's middle school. The winds seem to be pushing the flames away
from us but hundreds of others are still in danger or have already lost
their homes. Five teachers from my school and my principal have been

Last night, as I packed up Jenny's diabetes supplies and put them in
the car, just in case, I thought of those of you who were preparing for
a hurricane just a few months ago. Being in harm's way stinks, but
being in harm's way with a chronic illness really stinks. It could be
worse, our air quality is so bad that asthma are going to the emergency