Re: [IP] Occlusion Alarms

 --- On Sun 10/26, Shirley King < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Shirley King [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:00:37 -0500Subject: Re: [IP]
Occlusion AlarmsI've been pumping with an Animas for a year and just recently
had my firstexperience with an occlusion alarm. There were three this month.
Iactually thought the tubing somehow had been pinched.Once confirmed I had to
unhook and prime the pump.Fortunately they all happened here at home.I'm not
sure how to handle this situation in a public place because my sitesare usually
hard to get at. I'm wondering if a veteran Animas pumper couldtell me how to
temporarily shut the pump off.Needless to say I'm nervous about this happening
again at my grandson'swedding next Sat. I love my pump, but as you know the
Animas alarm ispersistent and LOUD.I was planning on calling the company this
week.Please let me know what the company tells email @ redacted
 Shirley, I had my first occulusion alarm in public. All I did was excuse myself
and deal with it. If you are worried about it, bolus enough to take yourself
thru the ceremony, and then handle the rest of it as you think you should. You
could leave it in the suspend mode in your car where it can beep at it's heart's
content while you are away from it, LOL. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com