RE: [IP] Consider this, Diabetic label

 --- On Sun 10/26, < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Sun, 26 Oct
2003 17:12:46 ESTSubject: [IP] Consider this, Diabetic label
 Also, lets remember the phrase, sticks and stones can break my bones, but words
can never harm me. So, the term diabetic will only bother you, IF you let it. It
is just another descriptive word, no different than, tall, short, skinny, fat,
white, black, blue eyed, blonde, etc.
 Okay, I've stayed out of this and even deleted most of them...only started
reading them again after Len weighed in cause I happen to like his take on
things. But I have to make this observation about this particular statement,
Tina. Not that I disagree with your intentions cause I am danged tired of
political correctness. I think we have taken it too far. But the phrase you
quoted isn't a good choice, ok? And here's why:
 Subject: [diabetesworld] OT/Being snubbed causes> > actual pain> >
> > For all of us who thought that:> > > > "Sticks and stones
make break my bones, but words> > will never hurt me."> > > >
we were wrong.> > > > According to a recent study, there is a
strong> > physiological response to being snubbed or left> > out.
Personally, I wonder how far something like> > this might go.> >
> > Click here for more info:> > >
 I DO know that the term *fat* can hurt severely, especially if used by those
you love and by those that are suppose to love you unconditionally. So words CAN
hurt. Depending on what words they are. But diabetic, IMHO, is not one of them.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com