Re: [IP] Flu Shot?

> > fortunately, here in ontario, flu shots are free for everyone, and flu
> > clinics are set up in workplaces, universities, and in community

> You are lucky, here, in Alaska, they charge you $20 to get stuck with a
>  needle, and that is at one of those "flu clinics". You get charged a lot
> if
>  you get it while at the doctor's office as you also have the cost of the
> visit. Some people are lucky and the immunizations are free through their
> work.

up until just the other year, flu shots weren't covered by ohip, so a lot of
people had to pay for them.  it was covered (no out of pocket) for people
with chronic medical problems like diabetes, asthma, and so on, people
working in the medical field, or even working close to that - like the hr
department of a home care office, and whatever other offices would pay for
them.  it's much better now that everyone who has ohip can get it.  some
groups still get it first - like health care workers (like my mom).

because of the diabetes i also got the pneumonia shot the other year, which
is a vaccination not covered for most people (unless you have a chronic
illness, yada yada).