[IP] Re: the Label ( i had to change the subject a little)

 >I have noticed several parents not agreeing with the *diabetic* label, so I
 >want to chime in here with a thought: Your children are the ones whom
wear...........

it seems that a large number of detractors, are
Not those of.......... have ....... well.....with......um.......
uh............... Arent Diabetic (ah-oh... i said it).....

as was stated in a prior post... of course you have the right to make your
thoughts known,
and your feelings are valid, and worthy of notice....(maybe thats redundant)
But, IMO,  your kids (and/or you)  will be known as "Diabetics" for the
rest of their lives
(unless, the miracle, other then the pump, occurs)...
Then you know whats going to happen???  theyll be Permanently labeled
"Cured Diabetic"..., or "EX Diabetic", or "One Time Diabetics"..... Just
like Diabetes is now... the Label is Forever..

You know the old one, about "If ya' Cant Whoop Em " ??
i think is my hero popey, who says "I ams what i ams, and thats all what i am"
ok, so im a little more...... i am a husband, a father, a son, an engineer,
a musician, and lots of other stuff, and, i am a diabetic.......(and now,
with my pump, a Darn Lucky one too)

Seriously, and i DO Mean Seriously... i really dont get the difference
between "i have diabetes", "i am A diabetic" , or "i am  diabetic".... No
one, i dont thing, differentiates it as, What i am, and What i have
(maybe i might feel different, were i the "parent of", rather the "subject
of".....)