Re: [IP] Flu shot?

Yes, some people get the shot and yet still get the flu.  There are several
reasons for that to happen:

1) The patient may have gotten the shot too late.  The earlier the better.
Here, we're already having some diagnosed cases and they just got the flu
shot in.

2) There are different strains of flu.  They pick the flu strain that is
probably going to be most prevelant, and the hardest on weakened patients.

3) What the patient had wasn't really the flu.  The various Norwalk strains
look a lot like the flu but rarely last as long.  Some people get them a
lot -- I'm married to one.

I'm a teacher, and I get everything coughed and sneezed at me, so I get flu
shots the years I have had more medical issues -- like ever since I've been
diagnosed with diabetes.