RE: [IP] Flexible Spending Account?

"Kathleen Weaver" <email @ redacted> wrote:

But here's a question that I bet someone here can answer.
I purchased my pump in August, paying half of it on receiving it and am
 paying the other half in monthly payments. I can put those payments in the
Flexible spending account next year, even though the purchase was this year, but
still making payments?

Kathleen and others:

 First off, YMMV, but when I purchased my pump, I was told by the manager of the
company handling our flexible spending account; that I could only apply the
monthly payments i made to pump company only for the calendar year in which i
had purchased the pump. In other words I purhcased the pump in March 2001 and
could only apply the down payment and monthly payments that I made in the
calendar year of 2001. and not during the calendar year of 2002.