[IP] Re: diabetic label

I just got the latest Avon catalog yesterday and in it
are some medical alert bracelets (very nice I might
add, and only ~$10). Anyhoo...there is one for
diabetes. It says 'diabetic'...the one for asthma says
'asthmatic', and there is one for 'medical condition'.
Just thought it interesting since all the others I've
gotten for my daughter have said 'diabetes', and for my
other daughter, 'asthma'.

Btw, Jan H, re: your recent post about this, it doesn't
bother me for people to call Shannon 'diabetic'...and
as I said the other day, she has said it doesn't bother
her either. I agree, that our attitude about things
(not just diabetes) will influence the way our kids
feel too.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)