RE: [IP] Opinions on the Paradigm upgrade

I second this opinion.  I upgraded from the 508 to the 511 and then the
512. I like the 512, and I enter my bg's from my DEX meter manually
currently because I have a lot of test strips left over and because the
Minimed software is unavailable currently.

When it is available, the Minimed software, Pumps and Meters version 5.0
is supposed to work with a selection of glucometers, as well as the 512.
Version 5.0 works with the 512.  Version 3.01 was called Solutions and
worked with the 507C and 508, and then it switched to version 4.01A and
was called Pumps and Meters and that will download data from the 511.
The version for the 512 comes with a 9 pin to 9 pin cable and a black
box at the end.  The cable connects to the black box and the box talks
wirelessly to the meter or pump.

I checked on getting the software and Minimed told me that they are
delivering software to health care professionals only, so they can help
us end users.  Somebody in Minimed is likely worried about some
liability issue.  My health care professional has version 4.01A and so I
can't use it yet.  As well, if they did have it, I would likely be the
one to install it and show them how to use it.

-sonya