Re: [IP] Re: diabetic label

In a message dated 10/24/2003 9:47:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Laura, I get this comment all the time or it's corrolary, "Wow, you don't
> even look sick!" lol  It cracks me up!  I suppose it's a backwards
> compliment, but it always sounds humorous to me.  Makes one wonder what sort
> of picture folks have in their minds of what a person with diabetes should
> look like - and it makes me glad to be able to break down those stereotypes,
> even though it's been through God's grace and not my own "control" for sure!

 I have read most of the posts on the label subject and it occurs to me most
people with Diabetes today have no idea what a person in the 30's 40's or 50's
looked like. It was not a surprise to see a diabetic with big circles under
the eyes or hollow cheeks. I have never had the feeling that I was different
because of my condition. I also don't think any less of a person who knows
 nothing about Diabetes. There are a ton of things in the medical world I know
little about. I guess I just like to enjoy each day I have.  Roger C