Re: [IP] Another Newspaper Article

> Well, here's another one of these great(!) articles in the newspaper.
> Nowhere does this "medical" writer say what type of diabetes she is
> talking about and there is a quote in the story of how the disease can
> be cured with lifestyle and diet changes.
> http://www.freep.com/news/health/diab23_20031023.htm
>Judi in MI

Although your points are well taken, I think you have missed the overall
intent of this article (and perhaps others like it). My organization works
with the ones mentioned in the article (ACCESS & CHASS). IMO they are mainly
trying to get the word out that some groups that have not been the focus of
previous efforts are in fact vulnerable and at least an awareness campaign,
not to mention medical/financial resources, are needed.

You will rarely find precise language and specific details in this types of
blurbs, just like TV news rarely gives a story more than few seconds. But if
it leads one person to get checked out, or even better, the powers that be
to take constructive action, IMHO it is worth it.