Re: [IP] Another Newspaper Article

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, email @ redacted quoted from the
article about diabetes in Arab Americans

> "We now have the evidence from this country that diabetes can be
> prevented
>  with lifestyle management and medication," Hammad said.

Actually, it's not just the issue of type 1 not being preventable with
lifestyle management, with which I of course agree with you.  The
research shows that the incidence of type 2 can be reduced, but I don't
think any of it shows it can be eliminated -- which is what the quote
makes it sound like.  He needed a "sometimes" (or perhaps even "often")
in there.

Linda Z