[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #598

>From: "George Lovelace" >Subject: Re: [IP] Animas Priming Question > >On
22 Oct 2003 at 11:15, email @ redacted wrote: > > > Hmmmm .. I will
try that tonight after work .. it usually "makes" you > > prime > > when
you put a new reservior in so it might make you prime again when > > you
switch but it is worth a shot ... thanks! > > > > "DWStevens" wrote: > >
> > >This is probably a stupid answer, :)BUT!!! Why not use another > >
>reservoir to fill/prime the tubing??? Other than chasing a bubble > >
>now and then it 'might' work don > > > That will work! I do use the old
cartridge to fill the tube and the leur >connection, then hook > it to
the new cartridge that is in the pump. You will still need to do a small
>prime to satisfy >the control system. Just one beep is all that is
necessary. :>) > >George   George,I do that very thing (full cartridge &
full tube, no bubbles) yet everytime it takes 7 - 12 beeps for insulin to
appear after the prime (only done to keep the pump from throwing a fit)
and it still registers 275 - 285 when all is said and done.

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American