[IP] Re: CRP test validity

 You have to be careful with the CRP test. It is subject to error a lot and
prone to high readings due to even the slightest infection or inflammation
anywhere in your body (a little sore throat, stubbed toe, etc.). My internist,
who orders every kind of test imaginable, would not recommend it because of the
above flaws. She went to a seminar just about that test and she said that the
doctors there who had used it were split 50/50 about the benefits vs. the false
positives. So, before you take medication based on that alone, I would talk to
the doctor to find out more, and also get it retested first.

Pam dx'd 1989, pumping 10 years

<CRP is c reactive protein

if you ignore it, it may result in

CPR (CardioPulmonary Resuscitation)>