[IP] Re: diabetic label

Ryan wrote, in part:
<snip>  I hate to break to everyone...but you are all diabetics! (Well,
 okay...not everyone...but everyone here with diabetes.)
and  . . .
>  ANY label does not define me...but, rather, categorizes me. I'm just as
much a
> diabetic as I am a father, son, software engineer, coaster enthusiast,
> Each label is used in context for a certain purpose.

Sorta reminds me of when I was in a jury selection pool and the judgie
person called all the women Ms. I resent that. When it was my turn, he
called Ms. Hughey to the chair. I said, "With all due respect to you, your
honor, and to my husband (didn't use hugsband there), could I be called Mrs?
I worked hard to get that degree and want to use it." He said, "CERTAINLY!
I'll be glad to use it!" Then he asked the Ms. lawyer lady if he could call
her Mrs.? NO! We just get so politically correct we offend no matter what we
call whom. YMMV

Mrs. Jan, a diabetic (64 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue
(MM507C 3/99)

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.