[IP] the diabetic label

From: Heidi Vogan <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] the diabetic label

>>Any of you who share my dislike in being called
"diabetic",could you help me out here?(although I'm
not trying to start a war here,I know fellow rebels do
exist..most people have no problems with the D label
but the purpose of this email is not to incite
anyone,believe me)Do you set everyone straight,(on why
you don't like being called that)or just
friends/family members?It would help to know I'm not
alone,I HATE,HATE,HATE,being called "diabetic" by
anyone + have problems not expressing that to anyone
who does so.
          Heidi(5 yrs D and 2.5 yrs pumping)<<

Hi Heidi, I am a person who does not mind being called a diabetic.  I have
 had type 1 for 19 years and have always been called a diabetic so maybe that is
why I have no problem with it.  I understand how you would feel though.  I
guess it's one of those personal things.
~Donna K
pumping since 8/99, type 1 for 19 years.