>>> And if you are conservative with your supplies, the percent you have to
pay wont be all that much. If I had bought everything that Minimed used to
want me to buy, it would have, but even back in my 80/20 co-pay days it
wasn't much every six months.>>>

When I got Bluda Sue 3/99 the ins. co. agreed to pay for a year's worth of
supplies upon delivery of the pump. THAT was one of the best things that
happened to me! Evidently MM figured I'd need a box a month (doing a site
change every 1.5 days?) so I received 12 boxes of sets and 12 boxes of
resvs. I change every 4-5 days, therefore, I had enough to last every 4-5
years! There are many ways and tips and tricks to conserve supplies. I reuse
my reservoirs 2-3 times. Others wouldn't think of it, but that's a YMMV. If
there is 20u of insulin left in a resv. when I'm ready to change, that means
there are also 20u in the hub of the luer lock as well as 20u in the tubing.
I won't throw away 60u of insulin - that's about 2 days' worth for me. I
withdraw the insulin into the resv and replace the filler needle and draw
enough out of a vial for my needs. I do not mix any of the *old* insulin
into the vial. I'lll draw enough and even have an air bubble to avoid mixing
old in the vial.

I use a vial until empty - it sits on the bathroom countertop and I use
28-36u a day depending, like another IPer said, on the flavor of the ice
cream. ;-)

Family Circus cartoon: I was sound asleep and kerplop! a ball of ice cream
fell on a plate and woke me up.