[IP] the diabetic label

 >I don't really notice it if someone labels me as a diabetic UNLESS they say
 >"You're Diabetic and you shouldn't eat that." Although I realize they are
 >uninformed, coming from the Neanderthal Age or other; it still annoys me.
 >I realize I'm diabetic ,but resent others assuming that I'm in need of their
 >guidance.

Oh forget that !!!!! (and we've also discussed "being told", already, so,
lets not start that one up again)
ME... I LOVE that.... thats like opening the Door, to the lions cage.....

best of all, i love telling them "YES I CAN" (i needed to shout that, i may
just do it again...........)
"YES I CAN".....(that felt good)

They  may know someone like me (not all Toooo much, for their sake),
who, if they only knew, might be pumping tomorrow....., and i do feel a
little evangelistic about that.....
so they get told...

Some of you, would be amazed, how many long time (let me be careful here)
"People inflicted the disease called Diabetes M-something-or-other"
(did i do ok ??), are unaware of the pump....

I Personally, take the so called "guidance" as "honest concern"...
if theyre attempting to "show me, what they Think they know"....
well....... "that aint happenin' "      (ah-oh... an apostrophe... just
where did that come from ???)
YMFD