[IP] the diabetic label

Heidi -

 <<It would help to know I'm not alone,I HATE,HATE,HATE,being called "diabetic"
by anyone + have problems not expressing that to anyone who does so.>>

 My daughter (non-D) also HATES it when someone calls her brother a "Diabetic".
She says: "He's not a disease, he's a kid with diabetes." I agree, but not as
adamently. I dislike the term "Diabetic", but understand that people are as
ignorant as I was prior to Joshua's diagnosis.

 His pre-school bus driver for a recent field trip saw me pulling out a meter to
test & said "does he have 'the sugar'"? I thought that was a hoot. I said "yes"
& he said he was Type 2.

He then, "clucked" his tongue & said "poor little guy".

western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com