Re: [IP] the diabetic label

I just wanted to chime in here.  I am a diabetic, been one for 18 plus years
and counting.  And i wouldn't consider it any other way.  This is who I am,
a part of me.  Do I like it? Don't have a choice, I just have to accept it
and go on.  Just like I have to accept I have straight brown hair, brown
eyes and could afford to loose a few pounds. This is how God made me, I'm
Christene and I'm a diabetic.

What does bug me, is when folks just call it D. DUH What?  is what I'd like
to say.

It's your choice, but you have a disease, we all do (we = those with pumps)

If you wish to correct, up to you. But I find it easier to educate make
folks aware of the disease than to tell them they are wrong. Give them
brownie points for at least knowing something about it..  Guess that's why I
don't care if my tubing is hanging out for all to see.  It's a good
conversational piece, and in turn I hope to share info about the pump.

I've helped several friends, and those who know me who have someone else in
their lives turn towards pumping.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Might I ask you, what is the problem with it?  Yeah so you don't call
someone with cancer canceretic (not even a word) But a diabetic is a person
with diabetes.