Re: [IP] Scuba diving

Hello Megan -
I had a letter from my endo when I got my certification.   It stated that I
was in good control and had no hypogylcemic episodes.   That was pre-pump.   I
would expect the same thing post-pump would help.   Of course make sure BG is
a little higher than usual pre-dive.   Something I have wondered about, but
have not tried is if the little squeeze tubes of cake icing would work
 underwater "just in case" of a reaction. I would think that they wouldn't
 becuase of the flexibility of the sides - might have to empty a little out
or something - but you should be able to take a depth breath - remove
regulator and squirt the icing into your mouth and swallow then re-insert the
 regulator. I would think. Has anyone tried anything like this to see if it
work?   I would be curious to hear if anyone has!