RE: [IP] Scuba diving

Have your doctor sign off on the medical form from PADI. Instead of carrying
glucose gel, I would recommend instead, get Betty Crocker instant cake icing
tubes.  They are much cheaper ( around 1.39) and have a screw on cap.  That
way you don't need to use the entire tube.  The medical form is good for one
year from the time the doctor signs off on it.  I just got my Advanced Open
Water Diver certification in September in Cozumel.  So it can be done.  I
use an Animas IR-1000 pump.  I disconnect just before diving and then
reconnect as soon as I get back on the dive boat.  I keep my meter and pump
in my dry bag.