Re: [IP] Cardiac CRP?

In a message dated 10/22/03 5:05:58 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I received a card from my endo clinic stating that my cardiac CRP was
> (were?)
> quite elevated, along with a nice little prescription for Pravachol (?). Can
> someone tell me what this means? I think it means I'm at an increased risk
> of
> heart disease, maybe? AND, this test was done at about 2:00 p.m. Should it
> have
> been fasting?

Woudl CRP stand for c-reactive protein? If so, that's a marker of
 inflamation, which is a marker of risk factors for heart disease.
medications help lower the inflammation.

Call your endo clinic and ask them to explain.

Jan and ElvisToo