[IP] Cardiac CRP?

Can someone help???
 I received a card from my endo clinic stating that my cardiac CRP was (were?)
quite elevated, along with a nice little prescription for Pravachol (?). Can
someone tell me what this means? I think it means I'm at an increased risk of
heart disease, maybe? AND, this test was done at about 2:00 p.m. Should it have
been fasting?
 And is an a1c of 7 that bad? That's what mine was for the 3rd time in a row (up
from 6.8, then 6.7, I think) and it had "Goal - 6.5" written below it. I'd LOVE
to have an a1c of 6.5 or even lower, but I hate going low and that's what I
would have to do to get it lower.
Can everyone tell I'm upset already, and did NOT need this today!!!!

Do you Yahoo!?