Re: [IP] Scuba diving

> I am planning to do a dive course in Thailand in the spring in order
> to get my PADI certification. I've done a fair bit of reading about
> scuba and diabetes and feel I am in good shape to do it. However, I
> am unsure about how to convince the dive master of this. Any
> suggestions from diving diabetics out there?

PADI requires that prospective divers with medical problems have
their physician sign off the PADI medical form certifiying that you
have no conditions that blah... blah... etc.... Lily's pediatrician
signed off on hers without a problem. Get a copy of the form, fill it
out and present it to the instructor, all should be fine. Just
remember to duct tape a large tube of glucose gel to your BC :-)
Lily has used her's once -- while we were inner tubing on the
American River this summer. She had the gel on her vest and got a
little low about half way down a two hour ride on the rapids. Worked
out just fine :-)