Re: [IP] MM Duration

I'm not sure...do ask (and please share what you find
out). I would rather be able to individualize this,
knowing how it actually works for *me*, rather than
have unused insulin factored in for 8hrs after each
bolus, regardless of how small that amount may be. The
insulin duration isn't the same for everyone so to me
it doesn't make sense to have everyone set to the same

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

Tom said:

I don't have a 512, but have been following this
discussion because the
512 is one of the possibilities for my next pump, next
year. What I'd
like to know is whether the 512 assumes that the
insulin remaining
after a bolus declines on a straight line for 8 hours,
or whether it
does a somewhat better approximation of the actual
curve. I suspect
they are using a straight line because it would be
simpler to design
the logic, even though that's not the way most of our
bodies work.

I plan to bring this subject up at the pump support
group meeting
tonight in Chandler, AZ.