Re: [IP] Re: leaving old site in

> I changed my site today at 11:30 and saw my endocrinologist at
> 12:45.   She laughed when she saw I had not removed the old site.
> I told her that Insulin Pumpers said to leave it in.   I don't
> remember why and for how long. My A1C was 6.4.   Wooo Hooo!

you leave it in for the peak time of the insulin you are using or
maybe a little longer so that the insulin that has been infused is
absorbed and does not either leak out or get "cleaned up" by your
body when you damage the tissue removing the old site.

Humalog, Novolog ~2+ hours
Regular, Velosulin ~4+ hours