Re: [IP] Halle Berry (Was Obesity and Type 2, CDC)

From: "Wayne" <email @ redacted>
> had to check.
> She has been invited to the fund-raising event in Edinburgh, which aims to
> raise cash for diabetes research. Berry, who herself has diabetes (type
> is being invited by fellow sufferer Brian Cox (type2), who stars alongside
> her in the science fiction movie.

I saw the above info on the internet, but then found this from

"..........And it's a reason that Berry has been open about, and discusses
freely in the People article: She is a diabetic, having been diagnosed in
1989 with adult-onset diabetes, also known as Type 2, which impairs the
body's ability either to produce enough insulin or to use insulin properly.

"To maintain her energy and prevent complications, she must test her
blood-sugar levels daily -- 'On my fingers; it's not bad' -- and follow a
no-sugar diet. 'I don't eat carbs a lot,' she says, 'mainly because I don't
really like them,' " the magazine story said.

While Berry doesn't dwell on her illness, she uses attention such as her
recent People appearance to be upfront about her condition. She was
diagnosed when she collapsed on the set of a television show she was doing
years ago, so her condition couldn't really be hidden.

She is also a good example of how, even though obesity is a trigger for many
adult-onset diabetics, not everyone develops it from being overweight."