Re: [IP] MM Duration

Okay, here is what I found, straight from page 55 of
the 'new' MM512 manual which can be found online
(and/or downloaded).:

"About active insulin

Bolus Wizard will use your BG reading and/or your food
intake to calculate a suggested bolus based on your
personal settings (target BG, insulin sensitivity and
carb ratio). Additionally, it will consider any active
insulin still in your body from prior bolus insulin

Four to six hours after a bolus, the majority of
insulin has been absorbed, but a very small amount is
active for a few more hours. The Bolus Wizard
automatically calculates this for you and subtracts the
appropriate amount. The details will appear in the
ESTIMATE DETAILS screen during the bolus programming

Be assured that the calculated bolus amount is a
conservative estimate to avoid low BG. You can override
the suggested Bolus Wizard estimate and manually enter
a different amount."

So...it appears from this that it does indeed take
unused insulin into account for 8hrs. I couldn't find
anything that says that setting can be individualized
like the Cozmo's.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

I said:
Bonnie, I have a question...are you sure that wasn't
the 'insulin remaining' (in the cartridge) setting? It
can be set from 2-8hrs but the default is 8hrs. This
isn't what we're talking about though. I am looking for
more info on the insulin duration setting which, last I
heard, was set for 8hrs for everyone and couldn't be
Bonnie said:
That is interesting that you said the MM is preset for
everyone.  In my case
this is not a true statement.  I preset mine for 2 hour
duration, Humalog,
with my Pump trainer.  Maybe an older model was pre-set
and your information
came from that one.  Their is so much information
coming out daily about new