RE: [IP] Niaspan/insulin needs was dig#595

I have been taking 2500 mg of Niaspan for about ten years (at bedtime)
and have had normal liver tests every three months.  Other stuff I take
(Lipitor) can also damage the liver.  I started with Niacin, but the
doctor recommended I switch to Niaspan ("I have all my diabetic patients
on 2500 mg of Niaspan") so I switched.  So far, no problems.  I had some
flushing with niacin, but none with Niaspan.  But YMMV.

Joel