Re: [IP] Niaspan/insulin needs was dig#595

At 09:16 AM 10/21/2003 Linda K wrote:
 >I take a 1000 tab of Niaspan too.  Niaspan is time-released and I
 >sometimes wonder if  it sometimes isn't as smooth as it should be!
 >I do get excellent results with Niaspan.

Does your doctor know what you're taking? Slow-release niacin has been
involved with sever liver damage and my doctor warned me against using it.
With regular niacin, you will get an unpleasant "flushing" feeling at
first, but for me, it did lessen over time. Taking niacin with a full
stomach will help reduce this reaction. However, after taking megadoses of
niacin for about 8 years now, I virtually never get any reaction from
taking it, even on an empty stomach.