[IP] Niaspan/insulin needs was dig#595

I take a 1000 tab of Niaspan too.  Niaspan is time-released and I
sometimes wonder if  it sometimes isn't as smooth as it should be!
I do get excellent results with Niaspan.
If you go back on it, adjustments can be made. (they will need to be!)
I was told it does make my sugar go up (it does...) and have a higher
basal rate to cover it.
I do wake most mornings under 120, or 100.
David is a Type 1; I am a Type 2 insulin insufficient.   Linda K