No Subject

 Bill Morella <email @ redacted>
 I'm 38 years old and have had Diabetes for 19 years.
  I have been using a pump for 4.5 years. I have just upgraded from a
MiniMed 507
 to a 508.

  I am single and live in Nahant Massachusetts, a small town just North of

  I work as a Chef and part time Culinary Arts Instructor. I also teach food
 safety for the Mass Restaurant Association.

  I lived a very active lifestyle for most of my life, but because of the
 combination of diabetes and worsening Rheumatoid Arthritis I have had to
 slowdown over the last 2-3 years. I still enjoy walking 2-3 miles per day
when I
 can and hope to return to skiing in the near future.

  The insulin pump has been great for me. I am a patient at the Joslin
Clinic and
 it has saved my life.
  I have severe low blood sugar reactions peiodically that cause me to lose
 consciousness and have convulsions. I t usually takes 2-3 days to recover