[IP] Re: gestational diabetes

>>Those women who had gestational diabetes, who were
diagnosed with T1 later, could have been LADA at the
time (basically, slow onset autoimmune type 1). It is
well documented in the medical literature that the
stresses of pregnancy can bring out either type.
Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)<<

Hi Kerri,

There are documented cases of women being diagnosed with Type 1 while
pregnant. thought to be brought on by the stresses of pregnancy.
Rare, but does happen.  I was talking about women who had gestational
diabetes which goes away after baby's birth where they aren't using
insulin, and then several years later they develop diabetes.  That is
the more normal path.  Gestational diabetes is even listed as a risk
factor in developing Type 2 diabetes. I think the percentage is
around 30%.  I could be wrong on that - I'll have to do some research
: ).