RE: [IP] Carb Counting with Fiber

From: Michael Kurtis email @ redacted

I have my best overall results counting total carbs and subtracting fiber.
I also account for low and high glycemic. I square wave high fats and when
meals include an abundance of low glycemic foods that tend to slow down
digestion while giving endurance and almost no BG peak.
One thing to remenber is that if you begin subtracting the fiber from total
carbs (especially if you like me already eat a high fiber diet, than I
suggest you concider a possible adjustment of your carb to insulin ratio
overall. Think about it. If you were ending low BG with previous fiber
meals, you probably will level off to better range after subtracting the
fiber, However if you are currently ending up in good range on High fiber
meals, you probably now need to adjust your ratio to work for the otherwise
reduced insulin.
Good Luck